We are happy to offer generous benefits to members of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf team!
- Free Beverages- Team members receive complimentary coffee and tea drinks during their shift.
- Free Bag of Coffee- Team members is entitled to 16 oz. of selected coffee varieties every two weeks.
- Product Discounts- Receive a 33% discount off all beverages, food and retail merchandise purchased during non-working hours.
- Medical- Full-time team members are eligible for HMSA medical coverage the first of the month following 30 days of employment. 100% of the benefit will be paid for single and single plus one dependent by the Company. Family coverage is available for full-time team members at the cost of $10 per pay check. Part-time team members (20 or more hours per week) are eligible for HMSA medical coverage the first of the month following 30 days of employment. A charge of 1.5% of the team member’s gross wages will be assessed for coverage. Dependent coverage for part-time team members is not available.
- Dental- All full-time team members and dependants are eligible for HDS coverage the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Part-time team members are eligible for coverage the first of the month after 6 months of employment. Annual cap for all team members is a maximum of $1,200.
- Profit Sharing- Team members are eligible to join our profit sharing plan after one year of employment and at least 1,000 hours of work.
- Vacation- All team members are eligible for vacation time after one year of service. Vacation calculation is based on the average numbers of hours worked per week in the previous year. Average hours consist of straight time, overtime, vacation and holidays. No accumulation allowed.
- Year 1 through 5 - 2 weeks (10 days)
- After 5 years - 3 weeks (15 days)
- Bean Bucks- Team members are rewarded on-the-spot with “Bean Bucks” by management for providing excellent customer service and following the Company’s Guiding Principles and House Rules. Employees can collect these “Bucks” and redeem them for great prizes throughout the year.
- Holidays- Team members who work on a holiday will receive one and one half times straight time pay. Holidays include:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Kamehameha Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Personal Days- After 90 days of employment, all team members are eligible for two personal days per year, prorated based on average hours worked per day. Personal days must be taken prior to yearly anniversary date. Accumulation of days is not allowed.
- Sick Leave- After 90 days of employment, full-time team members are eligible for four days of sick leave a year. Accumulation of sick leave days is not allowed.
- Funeral leave- Full-time team members are provided with three consecutive days of paid leave for immediate family members (spouse, son, daughter, mother, father, brother, sister, mother in-law and father in-law).
Training & Development Philosophy
Your growth and success are vital to the growth and success of our company! We are committed to providing the very best training and development programs for our team members. The goals of our programs are to provide the very best support for our team members, maximize our customers’ experience, and maintain our unique brand integrity. We provide:
Innovative training and development programs that are consistent, straightforward, and aligned directly with our company’s Guiding Principles and Core Values.
- Effective, comprehensive modular training systems designed to give our team members the expertise and confidence to exceed customer expectations.
- Ongoing Special Training Programs designed to develop added skills and opportunities for our team members.
- Ongoing feedback, assessment and support for every member of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf team.